Monday, January 16, 2012

Cowboy Up

I'm a Peace Corps Cowboy
With my trusty bicycle and nalgene full of whiskey I take to the open road.
The cold rain pricks my skin but with this fire alight in me
I keep burning towards my freedom.
And unlike the trucks that pass me, on their way to the DRC
I've left everything in this country.

I'm a Peace Corps Cowboy
And I have so much joy.
As we dance in the moonlight our souls are ripped open by the rawness of this life.
Only nature understands this fight

But I'm a Peace Corps Cowboy
I don't want to be a ploy for wealth creation in a nation
That already has
everything.

And so forth I go
With only passion in tow each morning I greet the greater unknowns
And every exploding sunset is a finish line.
There is no point in beating my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment